Are you planning a special event in the near future? Perhaps a wedding or birthday? If so, you might find it advantageous to purchase a portable bar. A portable home bar can really turn up the volume on your next special event. Find out why you should own a mobile bar, what benefits they offer, how to purchase one, and how to set one up.
Why Do You Need One?
It is not exactly that you need a portable bar, but they can make life easier, especially if you frequently host special events. If you opt to hire a catering company to supply alcohol and other beverages, you could find yourself spending more than is necessary. According to Thumbtack, you could pay between $10 and $17 per guest for a full open bar to cover alcoholic beverages and bar staff.
With a moveable bar, however, you can cut back on the cost of alcoholic beverages. Typically, you can buy a case of beer for under $1 per bottle. Whereas a caterer might charge your guests a couple of bucks per bottle of beer, you can charge less, if you charge at all. If you want to recoup some of your expenses, it is not tacky to charge your guests a fee for the alcohol you serve.
A bar can also improve the mood and look of your next special event. If decorated nicely, a bar can improve the look of the entire area. For instance, if you are hosting an event in your backyard, a bar can add either a fun or classy appearance that transforms the look and feel of your backyard.
If you commonly serve alcohol at parties and events hosted at your house, a portable bar can make your life much easier. Rather than having people repeatedly walking back and forth between your fridge and party space, they can saunter right up to your bar instead to grab their drink of choice.
Most importantly, a portable bar can make it easier for you to keep track of how much your guests have to drink. If you notice someone having more than enough alcoholic beverages for the night, make it a point to have that person spend the night. Keeping track can help you keep your guests safe so no one attempt to drink and drive.
Benefits of a Portable Bar
There are many benefits to owning a portable bar. Understanding what those benefits are and how they help you can make your decision to purchase one easier to make.
- Potential income maker: You can easily turn a portable bar into a potential income maker. You will, of course, have to go through proper licensing and insurance, but you could start your own mobile bar company if you wish. It would take time, money, and research, but it is possible to make your money back and generate a nice income with it.
- Keep your home cleaner: If you are hosting a backyard event, the last thing you want is for guests to create traffic through your home’s interior. You want your guests to remain outside where the party is happening and the atmosphere is lively. Entice your guests to remain outdoors with a portable bar. If you set up a moveable bar outdoors, guests will have no need to go inside and grab a drink.
- Strike up conversations: Even if you are not using your portable bar, it can serve as a great conversation starter. Interesting features often capture the attention of guests. They will also ask questions and strike up a chat with you to learn more about those intriguing features. A portable bar is just one such interesting feature that will likely capture the attention of guests.
- Saving plenty of money: You can save money by having a portable bar at your next event. Paying to purchase alcohol at the store is much cheaper than having to pay a catering company to supply both alcohol and bartenders for you.
- Less back and forth: When you host a party, you want to make sure you have time to hang out, talk, and visit with your guests. If you are constantly having to run back and forth and refill a person’s drink, that is not likely to happen. You can find someone that is willing to run your portable bar for a fee so you can relax and enjoy time spent with your party guests, or you can make it a self-serve bar.
The benefits of having a bar that you can move whenever you wish are beneficial for several reasons. The reasons listed above are just some of those many reasons.
What to Look For
If you have never owned a portable bar before, you might need to know how to purchase one. There are a few things you should look for when choosing a moveable bar. Understanding what features to look for will help you in choosing the right one. Features you should pay attention to include:
- Design: Make sure you pay close attention to the design of the bar. Make sure it is sturdy. Also, look for convenient features in the design, such as the ability to fold-up for easy storage and moving. A portable folding bar can make setting up and tearing down an easier job for anyone.
- Weight: Pay attention to the weight of a mobile bar. It is called a mobile bar because you should be able to move in wherever and whenever you wish. Therefore, it should be lightweight enough that you can easily move it when you need to.
- Amenities: Some portable bars offer certain amenities. For instance, some of them come with an area that holds ice or keeps drinks cold. The bar may have a unit that plugs in to provide cold air to the ice compartment or refrigeration that ensures your drinks do not get hot.
- Price: Price is an important feature you should not forget. The price for a portable bar varies greatly, so make sure you understand your budget and do not go overboard. Do not opt for the cheapest mobile bar possible, but that does not mean you must pick the most expensive, either.
Understanding the features of a good bar will make it easier for you to choose one that works for you and your next event.
Setting it Up
Now that you finally have your portable bar at home, you should decide how you want to set it up. Do you have space in your home to keep it set up or do you need to tear it down between events? If you constantly have to break it down between parties and events, keep the setup to a minimum.
For instance, you can add décor to your bar to spice up the theme of your party or event. However, you should not go overboard with the décor. There is no need to spend too much time decorating the bar and then cleaning everything back off if you simply need to take it apart each and every time.
If you can leave the bar assembled in a certain area, you can get a little more creative with your setup and decorations. Whether you need to assemble and disassemble your bar, there are at least a few setup and decoration options you have at your disposal. For instance, you may like:
- Lighting: Consider adding lighting to your bar. A string of lights, even battery-operated ones, can make any bar look beautiful and classy.
- Hanging décor: Opt to hang crepe paper, beds, or glittering strands of material from your bar to capture the attention of guests. You can also secure tulle to the bar. If you combine the look of lighting and tulle, it can create a nice, soft glowing effect that is especially nice for fancy gatherings and weddings.
- Additional décor: You can keep any additional décor simple and easy to clean up. For instance, you can opt to place a vase filled with fresh flowers in the bar. When the party is over, you can easily remove the flowers and tear down the bar as needed.
Finding useful ways to set up your new portable bar can help you make the most out of your next party or special event.
Overall, owning a portable bar is a great option that can add a whole new layer of entertainment to your parties and events. Even if you are not much of a partier or entertainer, you and your family can enjoy the bar. Perhaps you can enjoy movie nights together complete with an ice cream or popcorn bar. A mobile bar is not just for alcohol.
There are many ways you can use a moveable bar so that it benefits you in a variety of situations. Ensuring that you pay attention to the features mentioned above, you can find a bar that works best for you and how you want to use it. Ultimately, it is up to you to decide which bar works best for you based on the features you want and need compared to what each bar offers.
Last update on 2021-05-17 at 17:32 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API